Following Liz Truss’s appointment as the next Prime Minister, the expected Cabinet Reshuffle has started with the following changes announced so far:
- Thérèse Coffey MP has been appointed Secretary of State for Health and Social Care as well as Deputy Prime Minister
- Kwasi Kwarteng MP has been appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer
- James Cleverly MP has been appointed Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs
- Suella Braverman QC MP has been appointed Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Wendy Morton MP has been appointed Chief Whip
- Ben Wallace MP has been re-appointed as Secretary of State for Defence
Further Cabinet Appointments have been made including the appointment of Michelle Donelan MP as Culture Secretary who will be our main point of contact when it comes to fighting for the rights and recognition of the film and events sectors which we represent and campaign on behalf of.
She is the MP for Chippenham, having been first elected in 2015 and was previously Higher and Further Education Minister. A committed conservative from a very young age, she has worked in the private sector in the magazine and entertainment industry including, interestingly, working for World Wrestling Entertainment. She voted for the referendum to leave the EU and has a particular interest in the delivery of education, skills and opportunities.