From 4am Monday 4 October 2021, the rules for international travel to England will change from the red, amber and green Traffic Light System to a single red list of countries and territories and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world. The Government’s priority remains to protect public health from COVID-19 through these new travel measures and regulations. Full guidance can be found online.
This pack sets out the requirements for people travelling internationally from and to the UK. It sets out core messages to consumers to help them understand and comply with the various health requirements to travel internationally. This guidance refers to the requirements in England. In the UK, public health is a devolved matter. The requirements may differ in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Please check the relevant government websites for further information. Within the pack there is also information for all those travelling to the EU, about the new rules and actions to be taken before travel because the UK has left the EU.
The headline messages of the pack are as follows:
- International travel has changed. There are new travel restrictions and requirements in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19
- You should not travel to countries and territories on the red list
- Check gov.uk/travel-abroad for full details
Additional messages include:
- Check gov.uk/travel-abroad before, during and after your travel to ensure you comply with latest COVID-19 regulations for the UK and the country/territories you are visiting.
- Ensure you book authorised COVID-19 tests and complete relevant documentation (such as Passenger Locator Forms) for your destination and return to the UK.
- Check gov.uk/visiteurope to ensure you comply with any new rules in place as a result of the UK having left the EU
- Check your passport is valid using gov.uk/check-passport and allow up to 10 weeks for the renewal process
Read the full toolkit here: Intl Travel Tookit- Campaign Aligned Messaging 04-10-21