The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is due to be up and running by the end of the month. If you’re eligible for the scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready as soon as the system is:
In order to make a claim you’ll need to provide the following:
- The bank account number and sort code you’d like HMRC to use when they pay your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for HMRC to call with any questions.
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
Make sure you have all this information ready to go.
If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so please speak to them now.
However, if you use a file-only agent (files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you in other matters), they won’t be able to make a claim for you and you’ll need the information listed above from them to make the claim yourself.
Individuals who are eligible for the scheme will receive details in the next few days on how and when to access the online system from HMRC
HMRC have created this helpful webinar about the scheme which you may find useful:
For more detailed advice, please visit GOV.UK. This guidance is being regularly updated, so please review it frequently.
Information Source: HMRC.