Job Role: Video Technician
Company Name: JacobsMassey
Sector: Corporate Live Events
Job type: Full time
Job Location: North London
Job description/ responsibilities:
We have a new opportunity for a Video Technicians based in North London who will be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering the production requirements of a wide range of events, including some aspects of the planning and preparation of events as directed.
Working on their own, as part of a team, and/or leading and supervising others to ensure plans and verbal instructions are followed and that the ‘job’ is delivered safely, correctly and on time, getting it right first time.
- To be able to understand and interpret technical plans and direction by our client’s senior member of the team and carry out those tasks to the expected level
- To rig, set up, focus and de-rig video and related equipment to the expected standard and within the expected time frame
- To be able to work under pressure to a given timeline/build schedule
- Demonstrate competent rigging without supervision or guidance
- Fault find and fix
- To program/operate consoles
- To act as a “responsible person” on site when required
- To liaise with their customers and venue staff as required to fulfil the delivery of an event
- To be responsible for rigs and de-rigs where requested by their PM and where appropriate
- To lead and manage a department or team on site
- To supervise other technicians, freelancers and local crew on site
- To support, train and nurture other Technicians
- To specify equipment on small to medium jobs as directed
- To book equipment from given plan/spec using Insphire
- To specify pre event prep work and to supervise it, ensuring it is completed accurately.
- To undertake warehouse preparation of equipment for an event – e.g. pre addressing, making looms etc.
- To work in the warehouse as required and as directed by warehouse manager/team leader to pick, re-shelve and undertake basic repairs and servicing of equipment
- To undertake delivery and collections in company vehicles.
- To learn and harness information from your peers and colleagues to improve your techniques, skills and development
- To work in compliance with Health and safety policy and all our client procedures at all times
- To represent our client in a positive manner at all times
- To fulfill other reasonable duties as required by our client’s line manager or as requested by a senior person when on site.
Physical & Social Conditions:
- Non Standard working hours, including evenings and weekends
- Working away from home, nationally and internationally
- Working to strict timelines in often high pressured and stressful environments
- Working at height
Audio Visual Systems – 3 years
Application deadline: N/A
Company Bio: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/
How to apply: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/jobs/12017