Job Role: Project Consultant
Company Name: BCD Meeting & Events
Job type: Full time
Job Ref: UKIE-26855
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 with great benefits
Job Location: Hybrid – with 2 -3 days spent in our Fleet office.
Job Description / responsibilities
This role is to join Accommodation Services which sits within our growing Delegate Management project team. The main focus of this role is to manage and be accountable for specific housing related projects within the company ensuring full understanding of the overall project and first-class delivery in a structured, timely manner, ensuring the client expectations are met at all times.
You will have excellent customer service and great communication skills, a good understanding of spreadsheets and databases. Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and have the confidence to liaise with event delegates and clients as well as multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Have an excellent understanding of housing management as a service.
- Maintain and develop sound professional working relationships with clients, customers, suppliers and colleagues, being point of escalation for delegate bookings and queries.
- Utilise your hotel expertise in creation of the client contract.
- Research, recommend, negotiate and contract appropriate accommodation for each assigned project as per client brief.
- Communicate project information to internal and external stakeholders resolving issues that would compromise delivery including the creation and implementation of project and resource plans.
- Build, test and manage hotel management systems as per the client brief as required.
- Liaison with hotels regarding additional accommodation requirements or room block changes including sub-block management.
- Ability to travel onsite as required to support events (both in the UK and overseas).
- Previous customer facing experience along with excellent customer service skills
- Experience of working in hotel front office or reservations.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of comfort and accuracy with figures and evaluate numerical data and experience of basic IT programs.
- Excellent communication skills along with a calm, proactive and collaborative approach.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work, able to juggle multiple priorities, projects and tight deadlines with resilience under pressure.
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning services: we create connections that inspire, motivate and change behaviour for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to sustainability and driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. Our values are at the heart of everything we do, and we look for people that want to be a part of something special, can rise to our standards and love to bring their unique perspective to the table. In the UK we have a team of around 360 located across four BCD offices or remote based.
While we can’t guarantee every day will be the best (who can?), we can promise a community of people who genuinely care and lead with empathy, a flexible workplace with awesome perks and challenging work that means something.
See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference.