Job Role: Graphic Designer
Company Name: The Collective (BCD Meeting & Events)
Job type E.g. Permanent / Temporary/ Full time / part-time / freelancer / FTC: Full time
Job Ref: UKIE-23267
Salary: Competitive & great benefits
Job Location: Hybrid based with time spent in our Creative Studio in Milton Keynes.
Job Description / responsibilities:
The Collective are looking for a Graphic Designer to join the team – hybrid based with time spent in our Creative Studio in Milton Keynes.
This is a role for someone who appreciates creativity and good coffee*. Reporting to the Creative Director, this is a role for a graphic designer who wants to work with well-known brands, using their skills, imagination, and appreciation of design to bring to life a range of brand experiences for our clients. In this role you will be involved with identity design, collateral visualisation, design for print, digital and large format executions, and everything else in between.
Design projects are varied and include graphics for live events, virtual events and ideas and visuals for pitches and proposals. An understanding of graphics ‘in motion’ would be useful, but that doesn’t mean you need to understand how a timeline in After FX works.
A designer at The Collective is expected to be able to take a brief from the Creative Director as well as other team members and clients and take that idea through to completion, including artwork. Other design responsibilities include supporting the marketing aims and internal communications of The Collective and BCD M&E as a whole.
An understanding of the events industry is a plus but not a deal breaker. We are looking for someone with imagination, flair, and a designer’s ‘eye’. This is a hybrid role, if you think this could be you, get in touch.
*only appreciating creativity is mandatory.
Your skills and expertise:
- A design qualification and experience where you are looking for your next opportunity as a mid-weight designer
- Excellent knowledge of design for print and web
- Demonstrable experience in identity and logo design
- A strong understanding of brand and implementing corporate identity guidelines
- An eye for good layout and typography in both digital, print and large format media
- Ability to create 3D mock-up environment visuals (in Photoshop) such as set visuals and branded event environments
- The ability to generate design ideas and creative solutions for a wide variety of design challenges and present and explain those ideas to team members either in sketch or mac visual form
- Confidence to deal with both internal and external stakeholders (clients) in regard to design ideas and development
- In depth knowledge of print production techniques and artwork creation
- A working knowledge of design for web and digital
- Show an aptitude for learning new software in terms of how it relates to design
Your technical knowledge:
- Fully conversant knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and lnDesign (Portfolio, Spark, After FX)
- Good knowledge and willing to work in PowerPoint when necessary
- Good knowledge of Adobe After FX is a bonus but not mandatory
- Working knowledge and skills in other MS Office software, Word, Excel, OneDrive
- Enjoy working as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have a strong willingness to learn new things and develop their existing skillset
- Are organised with strong attention to detail (final2final.psd is not acceptable)
- Have high design standards (that will do, won’t do)
- Have an interest in creative and design that goes beyond the job role#
- Able to bring new ideas to the table and be confident to talk about them
- A finger on the pulse of design trends
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. The Collective by BCD M&E is a boutique agency within an agency driven to design creative end to end experiences that change perceptions and spark emotion. We produce corporate events and incentives for world leading brands, and our design studio is at the forefront of creating the visual content for those experiences. Our creativity, passion and inspiring ideas are what make us stand out. Do you dare to be different? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
A culture of purpose where we are invested in YOU and your career growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For a little bit more about what we do, check out our portfolio https://thecollectiveoffering.myportfolio.com/about-us website www.bcdme.com and our YouTube channel https//lnkd.in/gCtyfpt
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of around 1,200 people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference.