Job Title: Full-Stack Developer
Based: UK – remote working will be considered
Reporting to: Head of Development
You’ll work on innovative live digital solutions for exciting projects for high profile clients. You’ll join our development team and make an essential contribution to our key projects. Working closely with our team of Designers, Developers, and Project Managers, you’ll use experience and expertise to create complex and dynamic business systems.
- Support the Digital team by creating dynamic web applications using a variety of web technologies.
- Craft digital solutions from technical specifications and client briefs.
- Collaborate with the Development team and provide feedback through peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Provide consultancy and innovative solutions to digital briefs.
- Have your finger on the pulse and be aware of new technologies and concepts that will benefit the department.
- Use your experience and knowledge to guide and develop best practice, and improve efficiency and quality.
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may, from time to time, reasonably require.
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel.
- CSS pre-processors such as Sass.
- NPM, Webpack.
- Git and JIRA or an equivalent version control system.
Skills / characteristics
- Planning new features and systems.
- Test Driven Development.
- Integrating APIs.
- Building complex SQL and designing databases.
- Bundling, automated testing and linting.
- Creating and customising WordPress systems.
- Passionate about creating cool digital things.
- Can work well in a team.
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally to help further the team.
- Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking.
- Good time management skills involving the ability to estimate accurately the time required to complete digital projects.
- Attention to detail and pride in your work.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with and translate digital solutions to non-IT personnel.
- Must be committed to making ‘anything possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas.
- Driving licence.
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG’s Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
Health & Safety
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual.
The role will be UK based and may require travel to office locations around the UK. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.