Job Title: Front End Developer
Reporting to: Development Team Manager
We’re looking for a passionate Front End Developer to join our award winning digital team. You’ll work on cutting edge digital solutions for exciting high profile clients like EE, Jaguar Land Rover, Sainsbury’s, Lloyds Banking Group. You’ll lead the Front End development of projects, working closely with a team of designers and developers using a variety of web technologies to create dynamic and responsive user experiences.
- Support the team with front end development, ideas and delivery
- Craft digital solutions from technical specifications and client briefs
- Provide consultancy and innovative solutions to digital briefs
- Have your finger on the pulse and be aware of new technologies and concepts that will benefit the department
- Use your experience and knowledge to guide and develop best practice, and improve efficiency and quality
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may, from time to time, reasonably require.
Skills / Experience
- Writing clean and semantic HTML and CSS
- Creating mobile first, responsive, cross-browser experiences, with a focus on performance
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as Less and Sass
- Tools like NPM, Gulp, Grunt
- Processes such as bundling, automated testing and linting
- Version Control (Git)
- Accessibility best practice
- Experience working in a similar position
- Passionate about creating cool digital things
- Can work well in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally to help further the team
- Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
- Good time management skills involving the ability to estimate accurately the time required to complete digital projects
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with and translate digital solutions to non-IT personnel
- Must be committed to making ‘anything possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
- Driving licence
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG’s Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
Health & Safety
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual.
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require. At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual.