Job Role: Account Manager
Company Name: Verity London
Sector: Corporate Film
Job type: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job Location: Camden (Two days at home and three days a week together in the office)
About Verity London:
We are a boutique, growing strategic communications agency focusing on Responsible Business, and helping our clients develop and communicate their purpose. As a company we reflect that ethos, and work hard to create a positive, flexible and kind working environment for our lovely team. Whilst giving our clients excellent, responsive and intelligent support to deliver projects across strategy and content. We’re currently working to a hybrid model, two days at home and three days a week together in Camden.
Working closely with our Senior Account Manager and Head of Production to support our clients, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and get involved with projects from a range of clients, from blue chips to charities. With a strong proposition and plans for further growth, this is an exciting time to be joining Verity London. If you’re an Account Manager looking for your next role, and care about brands making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
As Account Manager, you bring value to our business by passionately and professionally representing the agency on a daily basis, solving everyday challenges seamlessly to drive
operational efficiency and build client trust. You love helping our clients find purpose in their business, working collaboratively and delivering excellent work and service. You’re comfortable working in a small team, but dealing with some big name clients, from household names, to smaller not for profits. You are a constant point of contact throughout the process of running allocated accounts, and you excel in operational discipline and delivery excellence, speed to market, resource optimisation, and profitability management. You will be reporting into the Senior Account Director. We are also interested in people who have experience of content production and there will be opportunities to support the Head of Production here too.
- Oversee operational performance of accounts and projects, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Serve as daily client contact and manage their project and campaigns; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Being a valued member of the agency team, with opportunities to collaborate on new projects, proposals and pitches.
- Build relationships with other internal business partners to meet client needs
- Managing client objectives, expectations and timelines and communicating changes/directions to internal team members
- Working integrally with all internal team members to facilitate the process of developing effective strategies and briefs that lead to great work on brief
- Mobilising and driving the integrated team towards forward progress, action and results
- Effectively presenting work from a delivery standpoint
- Understanding staffing and scoping requirements
- Owning the client budget to manage costs and deliverables as well as staffing resources
- Owning project management/workflow
- Identifying potential project risks and developing contingency plans
- Developing and maintaining high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement) in line with our vision and ethos as a
purposeful company ourselves.
- Account Management experience, “the making” or delivery of great work Ideally, several different account experiences delivering projects and integrated campaigns, including B2B
- Excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an optimistic, collaborative and self-starter attitude.
- Experience forming strong client relationships
- A persuasive and confident approach to project management, and a demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time, with a meticulous attention to detail.
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and workings of the agency’s process as it relates to the client’s business/willingness to work to our process and the ethos of how we work with clients.
- Strong internal relationships
- A good listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly)
- Accountability and calm, confident presence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A can-do, solutions based attitude!
- We are also interested in hearing from people who have additional experience in film and digital production.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org