EVCOM are proud to announce a new initiative: a shadow board. Made up of filmmakers and events professionals between the ages of 18 – 25 years old, the shadow board will have the opportunity to shape our content, our event programme and our campaigning focus. The senior board and shadow board will work together across several smaller committees with specific areas of concentration, including diversity and event programming. This initiative has been shaped in collaboration with Events 101.
Key areas that the shadow board will be part of shaping are:
- Youth engagement in the sector
- How we can create a more diverse and inclusive sector
- Content and event programming
Aims of Shadow Board:
- To provide skills-based development to participants
- To filter the viewpoints of young people to change makers within the events industry and position EVCOM as an industry leading association
- Increase diversity amongst the board
- The shadow board will allow individuals to implement and embed their learning in a safe place
- The EVCOM Shadow Board supports the associations commitment to “create a more diverse events and visual communications industries and champion the development of the next generation in these industries” by providing the group the opportunity to be more visible to members of the association and work on events throughout their year placement on the board
- Those who join the board will be empowered to reach their potential, through guidance and allocation of roles
The full list of EVCOM Members and Board Members can be found on the website.
We want this board to be an inclusive and representative group. We therefore encourage applications from all underrepresented minorities, and we are especially looking to hear the voices of people from a BAME background.
We are looking for people between the ages of 18 – 25 who are currently working in, or want to work in, the events and corporate film sectors. We would expect you to be:
- Passion about the events and/or corporate film industry
- Willing to present new ideas
- Be an active member with their community whether at university or workplace, relevant to the events of film industries
- Able to attend all board meetings
- Able to attend 3 EVCOM events a year
Every other month we will meet with the shadow board, either online or in person (when Covid allows this), to discuss EVCOM’s situation and progress on our initiatives. Between these meetings we will be in touch via email to work on the actions agreed in the shadow board meeting. We will also be setting up committees to work across our shadow and senior boards, and will arrange small meetings for these committees between the shadow board meetings.
Please note, this is not a paid position. Both our senior and shadow boards are made up of volunteer board members. However, we are able to offer a £20 stipend for each shadow board member for each board meeting we ask them to attend physically. We do hope this will support costs of food and travel around the meeting. We appreciate your time.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the covering letter, we’d like to hear about why you think you’d be suited to the role, what you could bring to it and what you could learnt from it, based on the aims and job description outlined above. If you are from an underrepresented background please let us know here.
We will be holding interviews following the application closing date (see below) with personnel from EVCOM and Events 101.
Tuesday 27th April: Applications Open
Tuesday 25th May: Applications Close
Review and appointment will take place in this window.
Thursday 24th June: First Board Meeting with Senior Board