Job Role: Senior Consultant / Venue Sourcing Specialist
Company Name: BCD Meetings & Events
Job type: Permanent – full time
Job Ref: UKIE-22445
Salary: Competitive & great benefits
Job Location: London – Close to Liverpool Street Station
Job Description / responsibilities
Do you have international and UK meeting and venue sourcing, contracting, and negotiating expertise? If so, this new opportunity may be for you. We are looking for a Senior Consultant / Venue Sourcing Specialist to join our London sourcing team.
Our Senior Consultants are the primary customer contact for incoming venue sourcing and meeting requests and this role will have a primary focus on enquiries for one of our key financial consulting clients.
Your key responsibilities:
- Deliver an innovative, quality, venue find service that consistently exceeds client’s expectations encompassing all MICE categories.
- To ensure relevant customer service levels are understood and consistently met or exceeded and to be suitably conversant in all relevant systems, and processes in line with customer requirements.
- To be fully conversant with the BCD Venue Search booking platform and work in accordance with the Venue Search Standard Operating Procedure.
- Consistently apply and demonstrate venue and destination knowledge to all customers.
- Continually develop excellent and venue destination knowledge through building positive relationships with key supplier contracts, attending familiarisation visits, destination workshops and webinars.
- Work with the BCD Meeting & Events finance team to ensure that all invoicing and financial matters are delivered to the client in a proactive and efficient manner.
- To assist with Team Manager functions, as required, on various matters including workload distribution, monitoring customer service levels and quality assurance
- Assist with coaching and training of consultants, to develop their capability and help them achieve personal and business goals
- To ensure optimum levels of productivity are consistently met.
- Knowledge of meetings & events venues / destinations in the UK and Overseas.
- Previous Customer Service Experience.
- Excellent communication skills along with a calm, positive and collaborative approach.
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels both face to face and by telephone / email.
- MS Office skills including Excel, you will also have experience of entering and extracting data from databases.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work, able to juggle multiple priorities and projects with resilience under pressure with an ability and willingness, along with the ability to adapt to change.
You may also have:
- Venue booking system experience
- Proven negotiating and contracting experience with external suppliers
About BCD Meetings & Events
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behaviour for our customers.
As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
A culture of purpose where we are invested in YOU and your career growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For a little bit more about what we do, check out our YouTube channel https://lnkd.in/gCtyfpt
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of around 1,200 people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role
How to apply:
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference.