Job Role: Sales Director Venue Partnerships
Company Name: JacobsMassey
Sector: Corporate Live Events
Job type: Full time
Job Location: North London
Job description/ responsibilities:
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Sales Director, Venue Partnerships who will be responsible for creating, developing, and managing venue relationships, acquiring new venues, and supporting partner retention within a designated sales territory.
This role is UK based with a commitment to come to our client’s HQ periodically preferably 3 days per week.
The focus of the role is to help our client increase their penetration in key markets, by achieving sales targets in terms of net new venues and in securing timely renewals for their existing partnerships with optimized commercial terms. The role will also secure agreements with unique venues to drive production event revenues.
This role reports into the Senior Director, Strategic Venue Partnerships EMEA
New Venue Acquisition:
- Actively build and manage a pipeline of new venue opportunities, delivering venue wins in accordance with target and timeline forecast, with commercial terms aligned with our client’s strategy.
- Build compelling presentations and deliver high quality RFP responses for venue tenders
- Establish, manage, and develop key relationships with Business Leaders at Venues and Corporate & Sales Leadership within strategic MSA accounts.
- Work closely with our client’s international operations team and support them in all aspects of business development, to secure new venues
- Lead activity to build new partnerships with Unique Production venues
- Regularly review performance vs target and develop mitigation strategies to address any shortfall in new venue acquisition wins
Renewal & Contract Management:
- Responsible for the Account management of a portfolio of venue partners from a commercial and contractual perspective. Manage their customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure comprehensive account management is in place to build productive venue partnerships and support retention of venues
- Identify at Risk properties and partner with operations to agree actions to resolve
- Build compelling presentations and deliver high quality RFP responses for venue renewal tenders
- Leverage MSA agreements to optimize commercial terms for designated renewals
- Support Operations and Field Sales in managing the Service relationships with venue partners
Contract Management, Reporting & CRM:
- Maintain accurate venue data in Smart Sheets and CRM Database. Compile information and data related to their customer and prospect interactions
- Maintain 100% SOP Compliance in CRM for Account Activity, Contacts, Contract Status and Target Venues
- Build realistic forecasts and revenue assumptions
Our client’s Sales Ecosystem:
- Prepare and present clear, compelling, and persuasive sales presentations. Attend their customer account presentations, events, trade shows, etc., as needed and or required.
- Identify opportunities for Sponsorships with hotel Chains and venue partners to support new venue acquisition, grow our client’s brand awareness and provide access to their relevant customers and meeting planners.
- Work with Field sales teams and operations to ensure smooth onboarding of new venues and New commercial terms for renewals
- Partner with Marketing and Commercial Enablement to ensure venues have optimal collateral and packages
- Collaborate with Sales teams and Project Managers to support the development of event opportunities within Unique Venues
- Secure case studies and testimonials from venue partners to support future venue acquisition
- 5+ years of sales management/leadership experience, preferably in leading a geographically dispersed sales team.
- Proven ability to work effectively with executive level customers with track record of growing revenue. Preferably within the hospitality industry.
- In-depth knowledge of meetings and events industry.
- Strong sales planning, forecasting, and sales cycle management experience.
- Strong influencing skills with the courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Ability to keep pace in a fast moving and dynamic business environment.
- An excellent listener and communicator with an approachable style and good sense of humour.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to travel 20%.
Sales Management – 5 years
Application deadline: N/A
Company Bio: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/
How to apply: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/jobs/12014