Job Title: Resource Manager
Department: Project Management
Based: Hartlebury or Windsor
Reporting to: Head of Project Management
A key role within the live division. The objective of the Resource Manager is to ensure that resource allocation is optimised, effective and efficient. It will ensure the forward planning and forecasting of resource, allocation of internal personnel, sourcing and allocation of external resource when required. They will improve efficiency through careful planning, analysis and recommendations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the heads of department and operational leads to effectively plan resource across the functions
- Review the planner daily ensuring the correct allocation of resource and distribution of projects, as well as enquiries and proposal responses
- Maintain the resource planner and ensure it’s accessible by all team members. Ensure clear communication of resource allocation
- Forward planning to pre-empt busy periods and plan accordingly
- Ensure the resource planner has the correct project information e.g., roles, budgeted number of days etc.
- Allocate projects based on skills required, client fit, experience and availability
- Ensure all resource planning, forecasts, scenarios and recommendations are based on a sound commercial basis, ensuring resources are utilised effectively
- Maintain good communication between departments, pre-empting resource requirements
- Forecast and source external resource as required
- Manage external resource accreditation and induction programmes
- Maintain an external resource database, keeping up to date with rates, experience and contact information in line with DRPG data processing guidelines
- Produce, analyse and report on resource data from planning and financial systems
- Allocation and management of virtual and studio bookings as and when required, in line with the project requirements and different studio capabilities
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Self-motivated with high expectations, standards and determination
- Good listener and communicator with an appropriate voice
- Ability to understand people and environments and adjust behaviours accordingly
- Service orientated, always aiming for the best results
- Analytical, the ability to interpret information and explain thought processes
- Self-questioning and challenging
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational ability
- Solution driven
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good understanding of the industry and each job role within the department functions
- Commercial understanding
- Good written and verbal communication skills in order to orchestrate internal departments, external resources and their responses
- Problem solver
- Focused on consistently providing high service levels
- Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Must be committed to making ‘anything’s possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
- Driving licence
- Willing to work outside normal office hours when required
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
You must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual at all times.
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office or Windsor office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time-to-time reasonably require.
Established in 1980, we’re one of Europe’s largest and most experienced fully integrated, award winning communications agencies. From the strategic communication consultancy to our complete in-house production facilities for digital media, video, events and print, we deliver to companies of all sizes that span a wide range of markets.
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer.