Job Role: Production Technician
Company Name: JacobsMassey
Sector: Corporate Live Events
Job type: Full time
Job Location: London
Job description/ responsibilities:
We are searching for a Production Technician who will be a part of our client’s production team, reporting to their Head of Production, this role will provide technical, and production support in all disciplines, including lighting, audio, live streaming, and visuals.
- Follow our client’s Production set up guidance at all times.
- Programming of patches, focus and cues into digital lighting desk according to needs for the given event
- Setup and operation of the digital lighting system and digital audio desk for events, such as live concerts, plays, talks, lectures, recitals etc., including before and after performances, and during intermissions.
- Programming of cues, stage box inputs, mic patches into digital audio desk according to needs for the given event
- Carry out sound check operations, including backline (drums, keys, brass and strings)
- Setup of audio visual / video needs for each production from the rider supplied if supplied
- Programming of execution of AV playouts, programming, PC / MAC usage and programmes
- Programming and operation of Qlab
- Setup and operation of wireless PA system and portable redhead lighting kit, including cabling, mic’ing and charging as needed
- Assistance with setup of wireless or wired projectors, laptops and speaker systems for general AV as needed
- Notify Head of Production when major equipment repairs are needed
- Operation of film screenings and scheduling the in-cinema server, with external projectionist, alongside receiving and dispatching films as programmed
- Liaising with distributors if needed to obtain KDM’s DCP’s or any other material
- Setup though digitising and ingesting all films
- Setup, install, adjust, and operate electronic equipment to record, edit, and transmit video programs, motion pictures, video conferencing, or multimedia presentations.
- Assisting with all aspects of running a multi-purpose hall, including but not limited to: seating, stage building, planning and dismantling, light focusing, hanging and moving of drapes, Genie management etc.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of our client, presenting their organisation in an appropriate and professional manner to all stakeholders, acting as an advocate for the work of our client.
- Attend all relevant staff meetings, supervisions, training days etc.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Building & Facilities and/or Senior
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of running a multi-purpose venue operating digital lighting and audio equipment
- Ability to navigate competing priorities and manage time sensitive or high-pressure situations in a calm, professional manner
- Able to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Proactive and solution-focused, with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong organisational skills, efficient management of time and responsibilities against competing demands
- Friendly and approachable, with an ability work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Willing and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the team and organisation
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn and develop
- A professional, confident and friendly manner with the public
- Willing and able to undertake manual handling tasks involved in setting up the stage – i.e. carrying boxes, chairs, etc.
- Ability to use PowerPoint, programme AV layouts/playouts/AV Player Pro, Keynote
- Ability to programme cues, Stage box inputs, mic patches into digital audio desk
- Experience of working with Qlab
- Knowledge of Element ETC (or similar) lighting desks
- Knowledge of MIDAS M32 (or similar) audio desk
- Working in a ‘customer service’ role, particularly in the non-profit sector
- iPAf certificate/qualification
- Demonstrates a commitment to furthering our client’s vision and mission.
- Is approachable and able to engage positively with others, building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Eager to keep abreast of latest developments and innovations in production and technical delivery
- Has a proactive and flexible approach to their work, including a willingness to work in the evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays to serve the needs of our client’s organisation that operates 15 hours per day for 6+ days per week
Audio Visual Systems – 2 years
Application deadline: N/A
Company Bio: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/
How to apply: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/jobs/12005