Job Title: Live Response Manager
Based: Windsor, London or Hartlebury
Reporting to: Senior Live Response Manager
The primary function is to manage client responses for the live division. Collaborating with other departments through a consistent approach to produce high quality, creative and accurate client responses. Ultimately resulting in an increase of conversions for DRPG.
- Project Management of client responses for the live division
- Interpreting the client brief to ensure a suitable solution is proposed
- Working with relevant departments to develop the response in line with the brief
- Writing elements of the proposal relating to project management
- Logistical management of the response. This could include:
- Outlining the response document
- Establishing timelines for the response with clear responsibilities and actions
- Scheduling production time for response content
- Source supporting information e.g., imagery, case studies
- Manage the costing process, working with departments to populate budgets in Procim
- Review the budget against the response content and client budget making necessary adjustments to work within agreed parameters. Establishing optional items in the budget and response
- Ensure the proposal status is updated in key systems e.g., Hub Spot and Procim
- Lead preparation for pitches, including presentation content and additional information
- Confidently presenting at client pitches
- Manage the hand over from proposal to Live Operations team
- Work with the Live Response Manager to share best practice when working on responses, including sharing examples of great, successful responses
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in event management and/or communications in a similar position.
- Exceptionally organised with real attention to detail
- Self-motivated with determination and high expectations of yourself and the work you produce
- A team player who enjoys working as part of different teams
- A good listener and communicator, able to give clear direction to others
- Understand and recognise the wider impact of your role and your actions on other individuals and projects
- Confident in challenging others and briefs received from clients
- Service orientated, always aiming for the best results for our clients
- Willing to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Committed to making ‘anything’s possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
- Quick to interpret a brief and what it needs to achieve. Gaining clarity from client briefs, identifying key requirements and communicating this clearly to others
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise your workload in order to meet multiple deadlines, often within short time periods
- Able to think logistically and practically
- Able to understand people and environments, adjusting your behaviour, working style and communication style accordingly
- Good written and verbal communication skills in order to orchestrate internal departments, external resources and their responses
- Commercial awareness for internal budget creation and management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in PowerPoint
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Proactively seek to develop one’s own skills and those around you
- Participate in training where necessary
- Able to travel throughout the UK
- Driving licence
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
You must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual at all times.
The role can be based from any of our offices, Windsor, London or Hartlebury and may require travel to other office locations. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time-to-time reasonably require.
Established in 1980, we’re one of Europe’s largest and most experienced fully integrated, award winning communications agencies. From the strategic communication consultancy to our complete in-house production facilities for digital media, video, events and print, we deliver to companies of all sizes that span a wide range of markets.
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer.