Job Role: Congress Specialist – Logistics
Company Name: BCD Meeting & Events
Job type E.g. Permanent / Temporary Full time / part-time / freelancer / FTC: Full time
Job Ref: UKIE- 23187
Salary: Competitive & great benefits
Job Location: UK remote based – ideally within easy reach of one of our BCD M&E UK offices.
Job Description / responsibilities
We are expanding in one of our Life Sciences client dedicated teams and are looking for a Congress Specialist – Logistics who will be remote based in the UK. You will be an integral member of this global client dedicated team, who are passionate about events no matter the format – virtual, hybrid or in person. You strive to exceed customer expectations and are not afraid to question and bring new ideas and energies to the table.
In event programme management there are often multiple roles associated with each event, depending on the needs and phase within the event programme life cycle. In this client facing role the logistics event manager will be responsible for the planning and execution primarily for logistic activities on global congress events. Additional responsibilities may include tasks associated with delegate attendee and housing management.
You will collaborate with peers and vendors alike to ensure each Congress is executed flawlessly and compliantly, including site selection, group or individual registrations and reservations, menu planning, ground transportation, onsite execution, and budget reconciliation. You thrive on juggling programmes, meeting and exceeding deadlines, good budget management and may also be familiar with Life Science compliance guidelines.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary point of contact for your client, and ensure all milestones are clearly communicated and met. Be consultative in your approach.
- Ensure the attendee journey is seamless, compliant, and successful.
- Think outside of the box on creative cost savings and menu planning ideas to ensure we remain fresh in our approach, while remaining compliant.
- Manage ground transportation suppliers and provided services.
- Attendee management.
- Negotiate vendor contracts and mitigate financial risk.
- Work as a project team to execute well-timed, clear, and accurate attendee and supplier communications.
- Manage all reporting documentation required for program compliance and final reconciliations
- Proven end to end event delivery and event registration expertise in the UK and Overseas.
- Confidence in leading a project with your external stakeholders. You can own the room and convey confidence in your project planning, knowledge of best practices in the congress and events arena and also bring new ideas to the table.
- Excellent communication skills along with a calm, positive and collaborative approach.
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
- Proven experience in a variety of software and technology platforms including Cvent, Microsoft Office and time tracking tools.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work, able to juggle multiple priorities and projects with resilience under pressure along with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to travel regularly in the UK and Overseas
You may also have:
- Previous experience of working on Pharmaceutical events – Congress and Stand Alone – including Healthcare Professionals attendance
- Pharmaceutical compliance knowledge including TOV reporting
- Virtual event delivery experience
- Worked as part of a global remote based team
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward. A culture of purpose where we are invested in YOU and your career growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package. For a little bit more about what we do, check out our website www.bcdme.com and our YouTube channel https//lnkd.in/gCtyfpt
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of around 1,200 people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference.