Job Role: Break Fix & Event Technician
Company Name: JacobsMassey
Sector: Corporate Live Events
Job type: Full time
Salary: £50k + Van + Company Benefits
Job Location: North of the UK
Job description/ responsibilities:
We have a new immediate opportunity for an experienced Break Fix & Event Technician who will be based in the North of the UK. You will be a key part of our client’s team, representing our client and working onsite at a leading multinational professional services network.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional, experienced Break Fix & Event Technician to join an established operation with scope to drive and enhance the service at every opportunity.
Experience and seniority of the position will be reflected by the remuneration and benefits package.
- Report into AV Manager based in London on a day to day basis
- Support our client’s offices based in the North of the UK on a rotational basis as follows:
- Liaise with their customer IT / FM teams to agree any additional daily tasks and activities
- Locate faults or problems and provide solutions on a second / third line basis
- Ability to provide systems work around in the event of failures
- Ensure fault tickets are logged via SNOW and resolved within SLA.
- Work with Engineering to ensure the M&E and fabric of meeting rooms is maintained.
- Be fully competent in Digital AV environments.
- IT literate, understand network architecture and structured cable infrastructures.
- Adhere to their customer IT room standards while working in the AV cabinets
- Develop on site AV support mechanism / processes in conjunction with their customer IT / FM teams
- Manage our client’s onsite support deliverables
- Proactively train and support end users as required
- Provide real time in room support for AV / UC related issues
- Fault handling and tracking of all AV related fault tickets raised via SNOW through to resolution
- Track and manage all AV / Event requests via SNOW & AV mail box
- Troubleshoot AV and MTR related technology issues
- Locate faults or problems and provide solutions on a first /second line basis as well as work around, if problem is critical
- Regular room / systems checks as required
- Ensure all equipment faults and requests are reported via onsite procedures
- Manage equipment repairs and implement critical spares as required
- Support / manage software / firmware updates once instructed / change control
- Provide a meet & greet service as required to assist all VIP meetings and for their customers who require a technician to help connect audio and video (virtually and in room as required)
- Generate daily reports and contact their VIP customers to establish full nature of meeting & requirements equipment / meeting room set ups as required
- Provide support on an individual basis to users at all levels of seniority on audio visual equipment, connectivity and applications where appropriate
- Direct & manage all onsite events within large presentation spaces
- Work closely with offsite events team to ensure all event requirements are captured and managed effectively for both onsite and offsite events throughout as required
- Provide white glove service that manages technical logistics for large complex events, Town halls, special events, and VIP’s video meetings
- Conduct planning meetings with their customer event organisers to ensure the correct technology is being used, leading to successful meetings/events
- Work with vendors for AV rental and staging of events
- Mange regional critical spares
- Attend Operational meetings as required
Audio Visual Systems – 3 years
Application deadline: N/A
Company Bio: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/
How to apply: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/jobs/12009