Job Title: Senior Venue Consultant
Department: Project Management
Reporting to: Head of Project Management
To drive an innovative, solution-driven and efficient venue finding process whilst building strong relationships with suppliers to maximise profitability and resource within the teams.
- Cultivating and maintaining supplier relationships. Be a supplier liaison and champion providing unrivalled support to the PM and KAM teams
- Accountable for ensuring effective systems and processes are in place to support venue finding
- Track all venue sourcing enquiries and work with HOPM to manage resource and capacity
- Attend proposal meetings with the PM/ KAM and consult on proposals
- Lead/ assist with venue searches drawing on own knowledge
- Monitor all venue finding responses & maintain and agreed standard
- Monitor commerciality of venue finding processes reporting on savings, value added and commissions
- Coordinate and attend all supplier visits alongside PMs/ KAMs & attend relevant FAM trips
- Keep updated on venue and product knowledge & disseminate to business and clients
- Support DRPG in any cases of underdelivering venues to negotiate best deals
- Focus on providing solutions to challenges; include suggestions for approaching things differently that may create more opportunities
- Provide training where required to PM and KAM teams to help upskill the teams
- Regularly attend live projects to keep your knowledge fresh of how the venues are used
- Manage the venue finding team members
- To carry out any reasonable request by the department Director and Manager
- To report to Clients / Project Managers / Directors as required
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Excellent venue knowledge in the UK and Worldwide
- A good understanding of event organising and operations
- Understanding of hotel operations
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of International and UK venue sourcing
- Good keyboard and computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work with figures in order to manage reports and assist team members
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to work independently and to ‘think outside the box’
- Analytical thinking to be able to sift through lots of information
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas attitude to working hours
- Driving license
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office. There will rare occasions when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual.
Established in 1980, we’re one of Europe’s most experienced and largest, fully integrated, award winning communications agencies. From the strategic communication consultancy, to our complete in-house production facilities for digital media, video, events & print, we deliver to companies of all sizes that span a wide range of markets.
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer.