Big Button is a Televisual Top 50 strategic video agency, and this year our work has been recognised with several awards and nominations from EVCOM, RTS, and Cannes TV (among others). We produce video for larger organisations and enterprises, mostly in the areas of Technology, Financial Services and Rail/Engineering; we also become a valued partner to our clients, and work closely with them to create strategies for success with video.
We’re looking for an experienced Producer/Director linked to our Birmingham production office, with an opportunity for some home working for the right candidate. Our preferred start date is Monday 4th January 2021.
You’ll have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a PD or Senior Producer in an agency similar to ours; you’ll be comfortable with turning a client conversation into an idea, developing, producing and directing it, and seeing it through to delivery. You’ll also have a strong grasp of the tools you need to do the job, and be able to give clear creative and technical direction to camera crew, editors and motion graphics designers. Strong writing and presentation skills are essential; basic video editing skills are desirable.
The role requires a mature attitude, a keen creative eye (and ear), and the ability to generate strong ideas, both from client briefs and speculatively. You should be completely comfortable talking to clients from a range of industries, and have the proven ability to elicit a great interview performance from contributors – from nervous office juniors all the way to busy CEOs.
You’ll be a team player who values creative collaboration over getting all the credit. You’ll also be prepared to accept the occasional late nights, weekend working, and overseas travel that the role demands. We are a small team, and your opinion will count.
If you’d like to be considered, please take a look at the work on our website. Then, if you think your creative approach and experience fit well with ours (or can enhance it) please (via the below form) email your CV, links to three relevant examples of your work, and a brief letter describing your experience and why you think you’re right for the role.
We actively pursue a friendly, open, and honest culture where everybody feels valued and is able to make a contribution, and our Glassdoor.co.uk reviews are evidence of that.
· Salary is negotiable, based on experience, but in the region of £30K – 35K per annum.
· While the position is likely to suit candidates based in the Midlands, we will also consider applications from people living in the Birmingham to London corridor.
· Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend Covid-secure, in-person interviews in Birmingham.
· This is NOT a graduate or industry-entrant position
· The position is only open to people who are already eligible to work in the UK
· Candidates who do not send a covering letter and relevant work examples will NOT be considered
Expected start date: 04/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
We are mostly home working at the moment, and have sanitation and PPE policies in place for office work and shoots.
- Producer/Director: 2 years (Required)
- Yes, occasionally
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place