Job Title: Drupal Developer
Reporting to: Head of Development
You’ll join our development team and make an essential contribution to several of our key projects. Working closely with our team of Designers, Developers, and Project Managers, you’ll use your experience and expertise in Drupal 8/9 to create and maintain business-critical websites for a number of high-profile clients in areas such as the events and automotive industries.
- Support the Digital team by creating and maintaining dynamic web-based systems using Drupal 8 and 9
- Craft digital solutions from technical specifications and client briefs
- Collaborate with the Development team and provide feedback through peer-to-peer code reviews
- Provide consultancy and innovative solutions to briefs
- Have your finger on the pulse and be aware of new technologies and concepts that will benefit the department
- Use your experience and knowledge to guide and develop best practice, and improve efficiency and quality
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may, from time to time, reasonably require.
- Writing clean and maintainable PHP, with a focus on performance
- Architecting Drupal systems including data, display and information architecture
- Familiarity implementing Drupal modules such as Views and Layout Builder
- Building complex SQL and designing databases
- Planning new features and systems
- Git, or an equivalent version control system
- At least 3 years working in a Web Development role
Skills / characteristics
- Integrating Drupal developer modules such as JSON:API
- MVC frameworks, such as Laravel
- CSS pre-processors such as SASS
- Experience writing PHP Unit tests
- Passionate about creating cool digital things
- Can work well in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally to help further the team
- Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
- Good time management skills involving the ability to estimate accurately the time required to complete digital projects
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with and translate digital solutions to non-IT personnel
- Must be committed to making ‘anything possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
- Driving licence
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG’s Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
Health & Safety
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual.
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.