Role: Deputy Operations Manager
Established in 2006, Broadsword is a growing event communications agency. Our clients are large, well-known companies and with a portfolio of in person, hybrid and virtual global event experiences, video production and content creation, we are a fantastic company for an enthusiastic and high achieving Deputy Operations Manager to develop their career and join our close knit team.
As Deputy Operations Manager you will be responsible for all resourcing and logistics relating to event delivery across the company in the UK and globally. You will ensure suitable teams of freelancers are built for each event, liaise with suppliers, and work closely with the Production department throughout each project. You will be responsible for operations taking place within the Broadsword premises including warehouse staffing, H&S and general upkeep. The role requires a keen eye for detail and a strong understanding of technical roles within the events industry.
You will be based at our business premises in Beckenham and at home.
Salary – negotiable based on experience.
- Book, roster, and schedule freelance and local crew for all event requirements
- Work closely with production department to ensure freelance crew requirements are met and ensuring the most suitable teams are built for each event
- Manage freelancer database, ensuring all details are kept up to date and relationships with freelance pool are maintained
- Oversee expanding of freelance database and all onboarding of new freelancers
- Book and arrange all travel and accommodation for events
- Liaise with Suppliers in the UK and globally to ensure the technical elements of each event run smoothly, and support the production department in selecting the correct supplier for each situation
- Manage the onboarding and review process for new/existing suppliers
- Manage scheduling of all MCR’s (Master Control Rooms) for streaming requirements
- Manage allocation of streaming software accounts for event requirements
- Identify areas for improved workflow and processes across all areas of logistics and resourcing
- Manage all trucking and haulage requirements across the company, including fleet vehicle scheduling, oversees shipments and day to day couriers
- Manage company fleet vehicle maintenance, ensuring MOT/Tax/Servicing is maintained and all vehicles are kept in a good working order
- Manage activities taking place within company premises, ensuring it is correctly staffed, opened/locked up when required, all visitors/staff have signed in/out and any deliveries/collections are managed
- Oversee staffing for warehouse to ensure upkeep of space, and equipment is maintained, prepped, and delivered to site when required
- Oversee H&S within Broadsword premises to ensure standards are being met, and all permanent/temporary staff are aware of any procedures such as fire and Covid safety
- Report directly to the Head of Operations, assist with ad hoc projects and deputise for Head of Operations as required
- Significant experience within the field of event logistics
- A strong eye for detail
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- A good understanding of rental/freelancer management systems, and the ability to pick up new software quickly
- Able to work as part of a team and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to prioritise and have the ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Be able to travel to the Broadsword premises easily, and occasionally out of normal working hours
If you have the background and skills outlined, and would relish working in a great team, please email email@example.com with your latest CV, plus a cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the role.