Job Role: Congress Specialist – Housing
Company Name: BCD Meeting & Events
Job type E.g. Permanent / Temporary/ Full time / part-time / freelancer / FTC: Full time
Job Ref: UKIE- 23137
Salary: Competitive & great benefits
Job Location: UK remote based – ideally within easy reach of one of our BCD M&E UK offices.
Job Description / responsibilities
We are expanding in one of our Life Sciences client dedicated teams and are looking for a Congress Specialist – Housing who will be remote based in the UK. You will be an integral member of this global client dedicated team, who are passionate about events no matter the format – virtual, hybrid or in person. You strive to exceed customer expectations and are not afraid to question and bring new ideas and energies to the table.
The Congress Housing Manager is primarily responsible for working with the Sourcing Manager to secure, negotiate and organise hotel bookings for country groups and individuals attending a Congress event or activity on behalf of our client. You will coordinate group room reservations and related functions with in-house departments, affiliates, and outside group contacts.
You will collaborate with peers and vendors alike to ensure each Congress is executed flawlessly and compliantly, you may be required to support your wider global in providing registration and logistic support.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support in the delivery of client events, meetings, and site inspection in and out of the office in a day-to-day basis ensure that due process is followed in accordance with department operating procedures, data protection and health and safety remit.
- Develop a rapport with suppliers both in the UK and overseas to gain the best possible service and rates and manage any issues as required.
- Collaborate with other team members across the business to enable successful delivery of the event objectives.
- Participate in, and where necessary, lead client planning calls and be able to advise clients on the areas of the project you have responsibility for.
- Preparing meeting agendas and meeting minutes/contact reports.
- Lead website creation, management, and assist with creative content where necessary.
- Show a level of confidence to encourage clients to move through the registration process quickly to meet deadlines.
- Manage delegate registration and associated communications, management and reporting ensuring all are in a timely manner in line with client SLAs.
- Prepare delegate welcome packs, joining instructions and other printed material and communications.
- Lead and manage your own smaller event projects end to end as assigned.
- Proven worldwide sourcing experience
- Proven experience of working with Housing Bureaus / Housing Brokers
- Strong contracting and negotiation experience
- Confidence in leading a project with your external stakeholders. You can own the room and convey confidence in your project planning, knowledge of best practices in the congress and events arena and also bring new ideas to the table
- Excellent communication skills along with a calm, positive and collaborative approach
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot under pressure
- Proven experience in a variety of software and technology platforms including Cvent, Microsoft Office and time tracking tools
- Flexible and proactive approach to work, able to juggle multiple priorities and projects with resilience under pressure along with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to travel regularly in the UK and Overseas
You may also have:
- Previous experience of working on Pharmaceutical events – Congress and Stand Alone – including Healthcare Professionals attendance
- Pharmaceutical compliance knowledge including TOV reporting
- Virtual event delivery experience
- Worked as part of a global remote based team
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
A culture of purpose where we are invested in YOU and your career growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For a little bit more about what we do, check out our website www.bcdme.com and our YouTube channel https//lnkd.in/gCtyfpt
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of around 1,200 people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference.