Job Role: AV Technician
Come and join the ‘World’s Largest Event Technology & Service Provider’. Our global footprint, combined with the diverse talents of our people around the world, allows us to produce inspiring events from annual corporate events to full productions.
Approximately 1.7 million in-person, virtual and hybrid events are produced annually. So, you will be joining our growing global team, in which you could potentially explore opportunities in more than 20 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia and Asia.
In your role, you will be helping us create unique event solutions for customers and each day is filled with new and exciting challenges. Every step of the way, you’re surrounded by talented people who have your back – artistic visionaries, meticulous managers, and technical wizards. The opportunities here – and the cutting-edge technology at your fingertips – make coming to work inspiring.
The opportunities to grow and build on your knowledge and talents are limitless, with our teams in Digital Services, Creative Services, Sales, Power, Rigging, IT, Finance, Marketing, HR, Product Management and more. No matter where you begin at Encore, you’ll find so many ways to grow personally and professionally, advancing your career.
AV Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of audiovisual systems in a event environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to a Technical Supervisor, Technical Manager, Senior Project Manager or a Technical Events Manager subject to function and region
Salary Range: £24,000 – £26,000.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist in cleaning, testing, maintaining, prepping and repairing equipment prior to an event
- Drive Results – Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Do the Right Thing – Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and wear appropriate PPE.
- Report all health and safety issues to the HSE Manager or Project Manager onsite.
- At times the technicians will work as part of a team on larger scale projects.
- Deliver World Class Service – Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Values People – Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/venue/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Do the Right Thing – Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- See the Bigger Picture – Increases revenue by utilising floor up-selling techniques.
- Works with clients to finalise invoices.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may change, or additional tasks within scope of work may be assigned at any time with or without notice, as necessitated by business demands.
- High School Diploma or Mathematics and English GCSE equivalent is preferred.
- 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
Candidates can either click on the below link or send us an application (CV and covering letter) via the below email: