Job Role: Audio Visual Technical Lead
Company Name: JacobsMassey
Sector: Corporate Live Event
Job type: Full time
Salary: £50k-£65k + Company Benefits
Job Location: Surrey
Job description/ responsibilities:
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Audio Visual Technical Lead based in Surrey who will be responsible in both commissioning and programming.
Experience and seniority of the position will be reflected by the remuneration and benefits package.
- To develop control software and touch panel designs for projects assigned to you by our client’s project delivery manager
- Work alongside other departments to ensure that the design, equipment and control software will all meet the project specification
- Attend site meetings with their customer/consultant to discuss the programming, touch panel designs and networking requirements
- All systems are tested in our client’s production facility before going to site and a witness test with their consultant/customer is standard practice, which you will be expected to attend
- Work alongside their Project Manager on site to ensure that the project is completed to a high standard and in accordance with the specification.
- Read system schematics and consultants specifications / briefs before commencing work
- Work alongside with their customer direct engineering team to help provide end to end delivery
- To take full responsibility for the project programming requirements and to ensure that all programming functions are completed in a timely, efficient manner and to their customer’s satisfaction. The ability to program AMX and Crestron, as well as more basic control solutions.
- To support or conduct system test and pre-programming activities to ensure our client’s systems meet the functional specifications before they are shipped to site.
- To assist in the commissioning of our client’s systems at their customer sites and to ensure that systems are operational on schedule, as necessary to allow the handover of the completed system.
- Commission systems in terms of their electronics, mechanics and optics to meet the needs of their customers, using proven technology and also looking for new and interesting solutions to problems
- Physically setup elements of systems to prove the concept.
- To effectively communicate programming and commissioning needs to other departments.
Written Documentation (where relevant)
- To communicate programming and commissioning requirements to our client’s staff. To prepare training documentation, operation and maintenance manuals, for on schedule delivery by their project manager.
- To perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by their immediate manager.
- Ability to interface well with their customers and co-workers
- Ability to work on the programming and commissioning of several simultaneous projects
- Detail oriented
- Quick learner
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application
- Proficient with computers and standard office programs (e.g. Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook), AutoCAD or Visio experience a plus
- Understands A/V systems and signal flow
- Knowledge of A/V system components
- Strong knowledge in audio visual technologies and integration, with construction and installation experience
- Professional presentation skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in A/V control system program creation
- Experience with audio DSP device programming
- Attend training for certifications based upon our client’s needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project related travel required
Audio Visual Control System – 3 years
Application deadline: N/A
Company Bio: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/
How to apply: https://jacobsmassey.co.uk/jobs/12015