Job Role: Events Executive
Company Name: The Collective (BCD Meetings & Events)
Job type E.g. Permanent / Temporary/ Full time / part-time / freelancer / FTC: Full time
Job Ref: UKIE- 23243
Salary: Competitive & great benefits
Job Location: Hybrid – with time spent in either our Derby, Milton Keynes or Fleet offices.
Job Description / responsibilities
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support in the delivery of client events, meetings, and site inspection in and out of the office in a day-to-day basis ensure that due process is followed in accordance with department operating procedures, data protection and health and safety remit.
- Develop a rapport with suppliers both in the UK and overseas to gain the best possible service and rates and manage any issues as required.
- Collaborate with other team members across the business to enable successful delivery of the event objectives.
- Participate in, and where necessary, lead client planning calls and be able to advise clients on the areas of the project you have responsibility for.
- Preparing meeting agendas and meeting minutes/contact reports.
- Lead website creation, management, and assist with creative content where necessary.
- Show a level of confidence to encourage clients to move through the registration process quickly to meet deadlines.
- Manage delegate registration and associated communications, management and reporting ensuring all are in a timely manner in line with client SLAs.
- Prepare delegate welcome packs, joining instructions and other printed material and communications.
- Lead and manage your own smaller event projects end to end as assigned.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Previous Event project management knowledge
- Experience in an event related role is advantageous
- Experience with delegate management systems in particular Cvent.
- Good organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in proofing copy
- Excellent communication skills along with a calm, positive and collaborative approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms)
- Calm, confident and a collaborative approach, flexible and proactive approach to work, able to juggle multiple priorities and projects with resilience under pressure along with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to travel freely within the UK and Overseas
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. The Collective is a niche agency within an agency (BCD M&E) driven to design creative end to end experiences that change perceptions, challenge the status quo and spark emotions. We are powered by our outstanding local talent who can deliver global reach when it comes to telling brand stories that connect people on an emotional level.
As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
A culture of purpose where we are invested in YOU and your career growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For a little bit more about what we do, check out our portfolio https://thecollectiveoffering.myportfolio.com/about-us website www.bcdme.com and our YouTube channel https//lnkd.in/gCtyfpt
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of around 1,200 people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: email@example.com and quote the above job reference.