Job Role: Business Development Director
Company Name: BCD Meetings & Events
Job type: Permanent – full time
Job Ref: UKIE-22501
Salary: Competitive – great benefits and bonus scheme
Job Location: Remote based within easy reach of our Central London office
Job Description / responsibilities
We are looking for a Business Development Director to join our growing Sales Solutions division. You will have a keen eye at sourcing new sales opportunities and comfortable with identifying new revenue streams. You work best in collaboration with your wider sales team to build strategy and direction for new business. You will also feel comfortable with the evolving service offering across the business in line with client expectations. You think nothing of spending a large proportion of your working week attending client meetings (in-person or virtual) which may take you away from home overnight, which could include needing to travel outside of the UK.
A snapshot of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop new business relationships, generate, and negotiate new income for BCD Meeting & Events to an agreed annual target. Whilst the role will incorporate selling across the entire BCD Meeting & Events portfolio there will be a focus on Venues and Meetings Management.
- Presenting BCD Meeting & Events to potential clients through direct communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close and account management handover.
- Provide feedback on client requirements to help build out marketing campaigns for new business, providing feedback to ensure we are rivalling our competitors in the marketplace.
- Develop learning activities with the new business and account management teams in regard to strategy, service, and the marketplace.
- Implement new business wins into operations teams and hand over to Account Management in a clear, comprehensive, and successful strategy at a suitable point of the relationship.
Your value proposition:
- Possess drive, motivation, and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored.
- Ability to identify customer needs and respond creatively listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge, and determining solutions.
- Strong proven experience in client / sales and good knowledge of the meetings and events industry.
- Ability to lead – setting direction, developing teamwork and collaboration, and achieving results through others.
- Proven track record on successful client negotiation.
- Maintain a commercial perspective on the proposal being put forward to the client; ensure that client receives best value solutions and that each project offers BCD Meeting & Events a meaningful profit opportunity
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including public speaking, client pitches and RFP writing
About BCD Meetings & Events
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behaviour for our customers.
As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
A culture of purpose where we are invested in YOU and your career growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For a little bit more about what we do, check out our YouTube channel https://lnkd.in/gCtyfpt
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of around 1,200 people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role
How to apply:
Applications (CV and cover letter) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference.